Friday 28 October 2011

Soy Sauce Remedy (update)

For those out ther who are chewing their nails wondering if I managed to cook anything sensible today, you can relax a bit, for I can proudly reveal that I did just that.

It was a fine lentil soup (well my wife said it was...) which, despite the name is not vegetarian. It is a sort of vegetable soup with lots of lentils and a smoked pork sausage which gives it most of its flavour. Yes, OK, I confess that a smoked pork sausage does not count a fresh ingredient, particularly because it has preservatives in it, but it is vital to the flavour of the finished product. I should probably find an alternative though.

There is plenty left so we can have some more tomorrow for a snack (with a dash of soy sauce), while I cook my fish sauce - in preparation for lunchtimes next week when I am back at work. I am fortunate in that I can get home for lunch, but most of the cooking needs to have been done in advance otherwise it all takes too long.

This is all getting terribly incoherent and burbly. Stop now before it gets any worse.

2 comments:

  1. You moved without telling me? Look at your location :)

    Lentil soup was superb and will improve (as soups do).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was only approximate and I think I'll take it off now. Hionestly, I'm still here.

    ReplyDelete